All You Need To Know About Brass Handicrafts
A brass handicraft is an illustration of fine and grand functionality. The making of brass objects today owes its creation to the ancient artisans who created some of the most interesting decorations and utility goods. Brass handicrafts are known for their beautiful designs and a perfect pattern of craftsmanship. While most of these creative brass handicrafts were meant to be used daily by common people, some were used in temples, palaces, religious places, and royal houses. As the designs available in these crafts appeared to be very attractive, the kings started using them as symbols of power and authority on their clothing, jewelry, personal ornaments, and crowns. Crafted from pure metals such as copper and zinc, brass alloy objects are highly durable and long-lasting.
Benefits of tracing feet in brass crafts
When it comes to the use and properties of metals, brass is one of those metals that have topped the list. It is a metal alloy made from copper and zinc, which are two of the most widely used metals in the world. Brass is also a metal that is highly resistant to corrosion and it can be seen as an anti-corrosive metal. The usage of brass in various aspects such as industrial equipment, utility items, and household goods has increased at a tremendous pace over the last decade. The reason behind its popularity as brass handicraft items lie in its unique features like durability, weather resistance, and aesthetic features. As stated by experts, brass undergoes an electroplating process to get rid of any possible layer that may cause rusting or further corrosion in the future, which is making it a better option among all other metals. By using brass in various industries such as textiles and handicrafts decor items, this metal not only proves to be useful but also gets an edge over other metals for certain specific reasons like low maintenance cost, ease of use and solid strength.
Besides this, brass handicrafts manufacturing can provide a platform for those with artistic skills in various states to exhibit their talent. Arts and crafts are an integral part of the Indian culture, and many people from India's past have made beautiful works in brass. Integration of one’s business strategy is necessary to include the talents of these artists and artisans.
Varieties of Brass Handicrafts
Brass metal craft has been widely used to create objects, both decorative and functional, for thousands of years. The history of brass handicrafts clearly depicts that material is malleable and resistant to water, so it makes a great choice for any object that is going to be exposed to these conditions. Brass is also relatively soft, making it craftable into just about any shape you can imagine. Some of the variety of brass handicrafts are mentioned below:
- Pen Stand
- Pooja Bell
- Pooja Spoon
- Serving Trays
- Spice Boxes
- Spiritual Hanging
- Table Diya
- Wall Décor
- Wall Hanging Diya
- Wall Hangings
- Wall Pillar Candle Holder
Different centers for brass handicrafts in India
India is the center of handicraft items, with every state having its unique handicrafts. Brass handicrafts are made throughout the country, but the following states are considered centers of production of brass handicraft in India :
- Andhra Pradesh- Pembarthi, located in the Warangal district of Andhra Pradesh state, is internationally known for brass handicraft items. The craftwork of the nearby temples of Lepakshi, Orugallu, and Ramappa has inspired these fashion designs. Sculptures fashioned with lotus designs, Hindu legend, and a goose-shaped top are common here. Tirupati—located in the Warangal district of Andhra Pradesh—is another famous place for handicrafts.
- Uttar Pradesh- Places in Northern India where brass handicrafts are deeply rooted include Varanasi and Mirzapur. Other places well known for brass handicrafts include Moradabad. The craft of brass-making was introduced to the region by Muslim craftsmen who initially brought Persian techniques with them as they immigrated there.
- West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa- The craftspeople of India's West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, and Orissa states create intricate jewelry using a method called Dokra. Wax is used to create a wax mold over a clay base. Then, clay is added around the mold to create an exact copy of the original wax shape. This clay mold can be dehydrated and replaced with molten metal to make a replica of the wax shape.
- Kashmir- Kashmir handicrafts are of great interest to people around the world. Handcrafted brass items decorated with almond, chinar leaf, and vine motifs are produced in this region. Ladakh is renowned for its decorative brass stoves, which are hand-made and often feature copper and silver.
The Brass Handicrafts Industry
A quick glimpse of the market for Brass handicrafts is sufficient to show that setting up an individual or a small-scale business for promoting and marketing Brass handicrafts is a lucrative opportunity. It offers a wide range of investment opportunities as well as streams with expected profits in the ranges from moderate to high. Moreover, it has the potential to bring great wealth and prosperity to anyone who decides to venture into this enterprise and make wise investments with proper marketing strategies. All in all, for anyone who'd want to start with an online business opportunity, these Brass handicrafts are just perfect!
Handcrafted to perfection, each ExclusiveLane brass metal decor has the perfect blend of ancient craft and the latest technology, enabled by leading artisans. The metal works boast intricate carvings and beautiful textures that bring a sense of nostalgia to your home. Our collection includes brass showpieces, tea-light holders, wall hangings, Ganesha idols, door handles, and many others. We also serve as brass handicrafts exporters- bulk orders. So, bring home these exquisite pieces and make your interiors look more regal as these items are an absolute value for money.
Laiton Crafts hand crafted metal accessories in both white and brass metals with brass antique finishes. It comes up with either traditional or contemporary style. For the latest accessories head to www.laitoncrafts.com
I really liked this blog very much as it got a very good information on brass handicrafts. Pure Heavy Metal
Leave a comment