The Indus Valley Civilization has left the country with great contributions in the area of both ethnic and cultural aspects. One such influence in the field of stonework and artwork is the skill of the Dhokra casting. Reigning from the Harappan culture, this art dates back 5000 years by the stunning metalsmiths work and has survived the test of time. Dusting the soils of West Bengal, Bihar and Orissa, the indigenous production methods of the tribals' and the nomadic craftsmen reflects the inherent expression of their simplicity. As intricate and detailed as the art form is, its place of production is usually quite humble, and it is the inherited talent, dedicated efforts and the sheer simplicity of the artisans that have kept the rustic art alive so far.
Inspired by the rich and unheard culture of the Dhokra tribes from the Indus, "The Relics of Mohenjo-Daro" is one such marvel range of exclusive handcrafted accessories brought to you Indies, without any filters! The jewellery depicts grace and the rich history of the civilization and the prowess of the professional artisans in their work. The rustic vintage embellishments of necklace and earrings of great beauty depicting humans in a circle of tight embrace and brass are transformed into the poetry called Dhokra. These phenomenal accessories are exemplary choices to be used during office parties, outings, festive occasions or even daily for giving a bohemian touch to any look with the combination of vivid and vibrant colours that they exhibit and are created using a technique called the "lost wax technique" which in artistic terms is called the "Cire Perdue". The traditional yet chic design is like wine, which is worth, both the work and the wait.
Click Here to visit other products of this collection.
The 'Tribal Lady Faces' from the collection 'The Relics of Mohenjo-Daro' is an exclusive neckpiece handcrafted in brass using the wax casting technique along with multicoloured resin beads. This tribal accessory with golden and orange coloured Dhokra figurine is hand-painted with utmost grace by our artisans depicting fine Dhokra Art and the vibrant colours of which makes it possible for it to be worn with any attire. The 'Tribal Lady Faces' is an ideal jewellery item for adding a bohemian touch to any look and to be used during office parties, outings, festive occasions or even on a daily basis for exuberantly defining the art of simplicity and for living in the charms of the glamorously rich and unheard vintage culture.
- This bib neckpiece is ideal to add a bohemian touch to any look.
- The combination of the vivid colours in this necklace makes it possible for it to be worn during festivities or on special occasions.
- The neckpiece is spread above the chest and the neckpiece with this length is also called as a Bib neckpiece.
- Comes with 5 Dhokra beads.
- The Dhokra beads are inspired by the tribes of Mohenjo-Daro city from the Indus valley civilization.
- Goes well with Indian, western and fusion attires.
- The dhokra beads depict 5 tribal women.
- The dhokra figurines come in shape of women.
- Comes with clasps made up of lead-free and nickel-free iron alloy.
- The dhokra figurines comes in lacquered finish.
- The dhokra figurines are handcrafted in Brass & the strand is made of Resin beads.
- Hand-painted & Handcrafted With Dhokra Art.
- The dhokra figurines come in Golden with multicoloured beads.
- Comes in the following dimensions:
TOTAL: 9.3" (H),
EACH DHOKRA FIGURINE: 1.3" (L), 0.9" (H) Inches in size.
- This product is from our collection, "The Relics of Mohenjo-Daro".
- The weight of Necklace is 94 grams.
- Comes with 1 Necklace.
Hand-painted & Handcrafted With Dhokra Art Depicting Tribal Women Using The Lost Wax Casting Technique
DHOKRA FIGURINES: Brass, BEADS: Resin
TOTAL: (H) = (9.3), EACH DHOKRA FIGURINE: (L * H) = (1.3 * 0.9) Inch
DHOKRA FIGURINES: Golden, BEADS: Multicoloured
- The clasps are lead-free and nickel-free.
- This product has been made by hand and may have slight colour or design variations that are natural outcomes of human involvement in the process.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS1) Wipe jewellery with a dry cloth.
2) Keep away from perfumes, water or any other liquid substance.
MANUFACTURING PROCESSThe artisan forms a clay core which is roughly the shape of the final cast image. This process defines what the final product will be. Next step is covering the clay core with a layer of wax which is composed of ingredients such as pure beeswax. When the wax solidifies, the artisan starts with shaping and carving the mould in all of its finer details of designs and decorations. Again, a layer of clay is applied to it which takes the negative form of the wax. Drain ducts are left for the wax, which melts away when the clay is cooked which shows the impeccable design and process of Dhokra art. The wax is then replaced with Brass which hardens between the core and the inner surface of the mould. The metal takes the same shape as the wax. Here, the manufacturing process does not stop here, the artisans give their final touches and polish as desired.
It was same as photograph and was delivered in very nice packaging to avoid damage. Very beautiful and worthy gift item
Good work manship
It's been almost half month my package from your website hasn't arrived yet, there are lot of issues while porting the package.
Good looking but very small
First thing, the lamp comes extremely well packed. The frame is beautiful, smooth textured, it has impeccable finish, something I don’t see very often when buying things online. I loved the minimalistic design.
Hi. The products were good. But to pack 4 bowls and spoons, meters of bubblewrap was used. I felt sad that i was responsible for so much plastic usage.
Pl switch to sustainable packaging material.
Must say it's a fabulous item must buy
Very beautiful and lovely designs.
sturdy and looks very elegant.
Dear Exclusivelane, thnx for the wonderful product. I love the quality and its design. Will love to shop again.
It adds a beautiful touch to my over all interior theme. Not too imposing but powerful presence. Love it
I like it. And I use it. It is convenient
Purchased these plates recently and it's a real treat to have them in my collection. Just holding them brings a sunshine and happy effect. Always vocalforlocal 🌻☀️🌻☀️🌻