Handmade Dhokra Art Depicting a Face Using The Lost Wax Casting Technique with Floral & Leaf Hand-painting
PENDANT: Brass & Sheesham Wood, BEADS: Ceramic, Resin & Wood
TOTAL: (H) = (13.0), PENDANT: (L * H) = (2.3 * 2.3) Inch
PENDANT: Multicoloured, BEADS: Black
- The clasps are lead-free and nickel-free.
- This product has been made by hand and may have slight colour or design variations that are natural outcomes of human involvement in the process.
The Indus Valley Civilization has left the country with great contributions in the area of both ethnic and cultural aspects. One such influence in the field of stonework and artwork is the skill of the Dhokra casting. Reigning from the Harappan culture, this art dates back 5000 years by the stunning metalsmiths work and has survived the test of time. Dusting the soils of West Bengal, Bihar and Orissa, the indigenous production methods of the tribals' and the nomadic craftsmen reflects the inherent expression of their simplicity. As intricate and detailed as the art form is, its place of production is usually quite humble, and it is the inherited talent, dedicated efforts and the sheer simplicity of the artisans that have kept the rustic art alive so far.
Inspired by the rich and unheard culture of the Dhokra tribes from the Indus, "The Relics of Mohenjo-Daro"� is one such marvel range of exclusive handcrafted accessories brought to you Indies, without any filters! The jewellery depicts grace and the rich history of the civilization and the prowess of the professional artisans in their work. The rustic vintage embellishments of necklace and earrings of great beauty depicting humans in a circle of tight embrace and brass are transformed into the poetry called Dhokra. These phenomenal accessories are exemplary choices to be used during office parties, outings, festive occasions or even daily for giving a bohemian touch to any look with the combination of vivid and vibrant colours that they exhibit and are created using a technique called the "lost wax technique"� which in artistic terms is called the "Cire Perdue"�. The traditional yet chic design is like wine, which is worth, both the work and the wait.
Click Here to visit other products of this collection.
The 'Tribal Dhokra Black' from the collection 'The Relics of Mohenjo-Daro' is an exclusive neckpiece handcrafted in sheesham wood & brass using the wax casting technique. This tribal accessory with black-coloured beads is floral & leaf pattern hand-painted with utmost grace by our artisans depicting fine Dhokra Art and the vibrant colours of which makes it possible for it to be worn with any attire. The 'Tribal Dhokra Black' is an ideal jewellery item for adding a bohemian touch to any look and to be used during office parties, outings, festive occasions or even on a daily basis for exuberantly defining the art of simplicity and for living in the charms of the glamorously rich and unheard vintage culture.
- Handcrafted in India by artisans.
- Inspired by the Dhokra art from the times of the ancient Indus Valley Civilization.
- The pendant comes with 1 Dhokra figurine on a rounded wooden base with floral & leaf hand-painting.
- The Dhokra figurine comes in lacquered finish.
- Comes with hand-painted ceramic beads.
- This matinee neckpiece is ideal to add a bohemian touch to any kind of attire such as Indian, western or fusion attires.
- The length of this neckpiece is till the chest and the neckpiece with this length is called as a Matinee neckpiece.
- The combination of the vivid colours in this necklace makes it possible for it to be worn during festivities or on special occasions.
- Comes with clasps made up of lead-free and nickel-free alloy.
- The pendant is handcrafted in Brass & Sheesham Wood and the beads in Ceramic, Resin & Wood.
- Handmade Dhokra Art Depicting a Face Using The Lost Wax Casting Technique with Floral & Leaf Hand-painting.
- The pendant comes in multiple colours and the strand comes in black.
- Comes in the following dimensions: TOTAL: 13.0" (H), PENDANT: 2.3" (L), 2.3" (H) Inches in size.
- The weight of Necklace is 117 grams.
- Comes with 1 Necklace.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS1) Wipe jewellery with a dry cloth.
2) Keep away from perfumes, water or any other liquid substance.