The ancient art of using wooden blocks to create imprints on textile, originated in Japan and China, further coming to the the exotic and culturally rich land of India. Motifs are carefully engraved onto flat and smooth blocks of wood by skilful hands, and these blocks, once ready for Printing, are dipped in colourful hues of pigments and then pressed upon cloth to create an imprint. The cloth just carries the print, but these blocks carry the spirit of the adroit chiseller and one can still catch whiffs of paint from them, evoking a pleasant yearning for the mystical past.
Inspired by the simplicity and beauty of the traditional wooden blocks, 'Artisanal Blocks of India-2: A Peek Into India' preserves their legacy in an aesthetic yet utilitarian manner, making it appropriate for a contemporary context. This collection is a carefully curated range of wall decors, which are creatively designed out of these traditional Sheesham wooden blocks, elegant little keepsakes that can create a sense of taking one back to the past, redolent of ancient culture. These delicate little artefacts can not only add an extra touch of grace to your homes, but they can also serve to be useful in your everyday life.
Click Here to visit other products of this collection.
The 'Lotus Pair' from the collection 'Artisanal Blocks of India 2: A Peek Into India' is a wall block and wall decor handcrafted in Sheesham Wood. This brown based coloured wall decor is hand-painted gracefully with a glittery medallion yellow colour depicting handcarved lotus petals in a traditional Kalamkari design by our artisans. This perfect item is ideal to be used for decorating your wall. The 'Lotus Pair' as an exclusive home item is essential to be hung on your garden, terrace, balcony, or kid's room wall for enhancing and enriching the looks of your warm and cosy space in the most blissful and elegant manner.
- Handmade in India by rural Artisans.
- Each piece depicts a beautifully and finely hand carved lotus petal in Kalamkari style.
- Inspired by the rich cultural heritage of India.
- Comes in contrasting colours of shimmery Medallion Yellow & basic Brown.
- These wooden blocks are ideal to be used as wall décor pieces for your home and office.
- These can also be used for hand-block printing on clothes, paper or clay etc.
- This set can also be used as a gifting option for housewarming parties or festive seasons.
- 100% Handmade in Sheesham Wood.
- Hand Polished with Wax.
- Hand Carved & Hand-painted.
- Each comes with Medallion Yellow coloured hand-painting on a Brown base.
- The yellow colour used on the sheesham wooden block wall decor will not go away with time.
- Comes in 5.0" (L), 1.0" (W), 4.0" (H) Inch in size.
- The weight of each block wall décor is 171 grams.
- Comes with 2 Wall Décor.
These Sheesham Wooden Block Wall Decor are Hand Carved Depicting Lotus Petals with Kalamkari Hand-painting
(L * W * H) = (5.0 * 1.0 * 4.0) Inch
Medallion Yellow & Brown
2 Wall Décor
- Comes in a set of 2.
- Each comes with a hole at the back for hanging.
- This product has been made by hand and may have slight colour or design variations that are natural outcomes of the human involvement in the process.
CARE INSTRUCTIONSGently wipe with a soft dry cloth only.
Really happy with packaging.
And was happy with product too.
Yes,its worthy...loved it....
Very satisfied with the quality of the brass Masala box! Unique design, heavy, sturdy material. Trusting seller.
I liked this exclusive lane spice box very much. Quality is good. Reached me in good packaging. It's making my kitchen look more interesting and beautiful.
Very good product, delivered on time!
Beautiful and nice item. But should improve package part. Out of 3 pieces I ordered 2 broken.
Very disappointed in the delivery system.
I was a little disappointed with the product as I didn't feel that it was worth the price I paid.
It is bigger size than I expected. Very nice.
It looks good but,the surface colour finishing looks dull .
I am still waiting for the ordered items. Not delivered to my address.