Handmade Dhokra Art Depicting Faces Using The Lost Wax Casting Technique with Leaf Hand-painting
PENDANT: Brass & Teak Wood, BEADS: Rudraksh, Resin & Wood
TOTAL: (H) = (13.2), PENDANT: (L * H) = (3.0 * 3.0) Inch
PENDANT: Multicoloured, BEADS: Olive Green & Brown
- The clasps are lead-free and nickel-free.
- This product has been made by hand and may have slight colour or design variations that are natural outcomes of human involvement in the process.
The Indus Valley Civilization has left the country with great contributions in the area of both ethnic and cultural aspects. One such influence in the field of stonework and artwork is the skill of the Dhokra casting. Reigning from the Harappan culture, this art dates back 5000 years by the stunning metalsmiths work and has survived the test of time. Dusting the soils of West Bengal, Bihar and Orissa, the indigenous production methods of the tribals' and the nomadic craftsmen reflects the inherent expression of their simplicity. As intricate and detailed as the art form is, its place of production is usually quite humble, and it is the inherited talent, dedicated efforts and the sheer simplicity of the artisans that have kept the rustic art alive so far.
Inspired by the rich and unheard culture of the Dhokra tribes from the Indus, "The Relics of Mohenjo-Daro"� is one such marvel range of exclusive handcrafted accessories brought to you Indies, without any filters! The jewellery depicts grace and the rich history of the civilization and the prowess of the professional artisans in their work. The rustic vintage embellishments of necklace and earrings of great beauty depicting humans in a circle of tight embrace and brass are transformed into the poetry called Dhokra. These phenomenal accessories are exemplary choices to be used during office parties, outings, festive occasions or even daily for giving a bohemian touch to any look with the combination of vivid and vibrant colours that they exhibit and are created using a technique called the "lost wax technique"� which in artistic terms is called the "Cire Perdue"�. The traditional yet chic design is like wine, which is worth, both the work and the wait.
Click Here to visit other products of this collection.
The 'Tribal Dhokra Triplets' from the collection 'The Relics of Mohenjo-Daro' is an exclusive neckpiece handcrafted in teak wood & brass using the wax casting technique. This tribal accessory with olive green & brown coloured beads is hand-painted with utmost grace by our artisans depicting fine Dhokra Art and the vibrant colours of which makes it possible for it to be worn with any attire. The 'Tribal Dhokra Triplets' is an ideal jewellery item for adding a bohemian touch to any look and to be used during office parties, outings, festive occasions or even on a daily basis for exuberantly defining the art of simplicity and for living in the charms of the glamorously rich and unheard vintage culture.
- Handcrafted in India by artisans.
- Inspired by the Dhokra art from the times of the ancient Indus Valley Civilization.
- The pendant comes with 3 Dhokra figurines on a round base along with leaf hand-painting.
- The Dhokra figurine comes in lacquered finish.
- Comes with rudraksh, resin beads and brass ghungroos.
- This matinee neckpiece is ideal to add a bohemian touch to any kind of attire such as Indian, western or fusion attires.
- The length of this neckpiece is till the chest and the neckpiece with this length is called as a Matinee neckpiece.
- The vibrant colours in this necklace make it possible for it to be worn during festivities or on special occasions.
- Comes with clasps made up of lead-free and nickel-free alloy.
- The pendant is handcrafted in Brass & Teak Wood and the beads in Rudraksh, Resin & Wood.
- Handmade Dhokra Art Depicting Faces Using The Lost Wax Casting Technique with Leaf Hand-painting.
- The pendant comes in multiple colours and the strand comes in olive green & brown.
- Comes in the following dimensions: TOTAL: 13.2" (H), PENDANT: 3.0" (L), 3.0" (H) Inches in size.
- The weight of Necklace is 72 grams.
- Comes with 1 Necklace.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS1) Wipe jewellery with a dry cloth.
2) Keep away from perfumes, water or any other liquid substance.
MANUFACTURING PROCESSThe artisan forms a clay core which is roughly the shape of the final cast image. This process defines what the final product will be. Next step is covering the clay core with a layer of wax which is composed of ingredients such as pure beeswax. When the wax solidifies, the artisan starts with shaping and carving the mould in all of its finer details of designs and decorations. Again, a layer of clay is applied to it which takes the negative form of the wax. Drain ducts are left for the wax, which melts away when the clay is cooked which shows the impeccable design and process of Dhokra art. The wax is then replaced with Brass which hardens between the core and the inner surface of the mould. The metal takes the same shape as the wax. The manufacturing process does not stop here, the artisans give their final touches and polish as desired.
Excellent work and finish.
Very nice product. Looks beautiful.
We liked the pots a lot and the recipient also liked it
I want the six mini pot holders with the pots and holder which is not available now. As soon as it’s available please let me know
These are a lovely set of pottery and i have got many appreciations whenever i have used these to serve my guests
It is beautiful and I loved it.
They are so delicate, tiny but whosoever has prepared them has done a really nice job!
It is beautiful and I loved it.
This is really a very beautiful product. Thank you!
was too overwhelmed to get your product...its so artistic...concept and execution both...excellent
the product was good ,whereas as per the description on the site while placing the order the chain length was approx. 23 inches, whereas on actual its to 17 inches. On my compliant even after assurance for the replacement of chain , the same is still pending for replacement.
Really happy with packaging.
And was happy with product too.
Yes,its worthy...loved it....
Very satisfied with the quality of the brass Masala box! Unique design, heavy, sturdy material. Trusting seller.
I liked this exclusive lane spice box very much. Quality is good. Reached me in good packaging. It's making my kitchen look more interesting and beautiful.