COLOUR: Medallion Yellow & Brown
MATERIAL: Sheesham Wood
ART TYPE: This Sheesham Wooden Block Wall Decor is Hand Carved Depicting an Indian Bride with Madhubani Hand-painting
CATEGORY: Wall Hangings
The ancient art of using wooden blocks to create imprints on textile, originated in Japan and China, further coming to the the exotic and culturally rich land of India. Motifs are carefully engraved onto flat and smooth blocks of wood by skilful hands, and these blocks, once ready for Printing, are dipped in colourful hues of pigments and then pressed upon cloth to create an imprint. The cloth just carries the print, but these blocks carry the spirit of the adroit chiseller and one can still catch whiffs of paint from them, evoking a pleasant yearning for the mystical past.
Inspired by the simplicity and beauty of the traditional wooden blocks, ‘Artisanal Blocks of India-2: A Peek Into India’ preserves their legacy in an aesthetic yet utilitarian manner, making it appropriate for a contemporary context. This collection is a carefully curated range of wall decors, which are creatively designed out of these traditional Sheesham wooden blocks, elegant little keepsakes that can create a sense of taking one back to the past, redolent of ancient culture. These delicate little artefacts can not only add an extra touch of grace to your homes, but they can also serve to be useful in your everyday life.
The 'Madhubani Bride' from the collection 'Artisanal Blocks of India 2: A Peek Into India' is a wall block and wall decor handcrafted in Sheesham Wood. This brown based coloured wall decor is hand-painted gracefully with a glittery medallion yellow colour depicting handcarved Indian bride in a traditional Madhubani design by our artisans. This perfect item is ideal to be used for decorating your wall. The 'Madhubani Bride' as an exclusive home item is essential to be hung on your garden, terrace, balcony, or kid's room wall for enhancing and enriching the looks of your warm and cosy space in the most blissful and elegant manner.
- Handmade in India by rural Artisans.
- Depicts beautifully and finely hand carved face of an Indian bride in Madhubani style.
- Inspired by the rich cultural heritage of India.
- Comes in contrasting colours of shimmery Medallion Yellow & basic Brown.
- This wooden block is ideal to be used as wall décor for your home and office.
- Can also be used for hand-block printing on clothes, paper or clay etc.
- Can also be used as a gifting option for housewarming parties or festive seasons.
- 100% Handmade in Sheesham Wood.
- Hand Polished with Wax.
- Hand Carved & Hand-painted.
- Comes with Medallion Yellow coloured hand-painting on a Brown base.
- The yellow colour used on the sheesham wooden block wall decor will not go away with time.
- Comes in 4.4" (L), 1.2" (W), 5.9" (H) Inch in size.
- The weight of the block wall décor is 295 grams.
- Comes with 1 Wall Décor.
This Sheesham Wooden Block Wall Decor is Hand Carved Depicting an Indian Bride with Madhubani Hand-painting
(L * W * H) = (4.4 * 1.2 * 5.9) Inch
Medallion Yellow & Brown
- Comes with a hole at the back for hanging.
- This product has been made by hand and may have slight colour or design variations that are natural outcomes of the human involvement in the process.
1 Wall Décor
Gently wipe with a soft dry cloth only.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh