Water has a spirit of its own. You can see it dancing across valleys, flowing on roads, running down mountains, trickling in creeks and jumping across waterfalls. You can see the life of water, in its ripples. This collection is inspired from the incessant ripples of flowing water. On engaging in conversation with the craftsman during the making of this collection - Vinod, who has been carving wooden articles since the last three decades, told us, “Wood is just like water. It has a spirit” Seeing our puzzled faces, he went on to explain – “Because of water’s fluidity, it takes the shape of whatever vessel it is poured into. Wood is fluid too. In experienced hands, wood becomes fluid. It flows freely along the stream of the craftsman’s ideas – donning whatever shape he desires. A craftsman’s hands, hence, become the vessel.’’ Inspired from this epiphany, the 'Ripples of Wood' collection features a range of minimalistic and chic utility articles handcrafted from Sheesham wood. All the products have grooves on them, representing the ripples that are characteristic of flowing water.
This versatile collection features a range of handcrafted jars, containers, salt and pepper shakers, chapati boxes, coasters and tissue box holders. Each of these beatific articles has ingeniously hand carved grooves on it, representing the ripples of water formed in flowing water. These chic and minimalistic articles perfectly complement all aesthetics, adding an antique, earthy charm to your home.
Click Here to visit other products of this collection.
The sophisticated set of 2 salt and pepper shakers from the 'Wooden Klassics - Ripples of Wood' collection has been handcrafted by skilled Indian artisans hailing from rural India. The collection is inspired by the fluidity of wood - how it can take the most marvellous shapes in the hands of the skilled artist, just like water takes the shape of any vessel it is poured into. Made from the finest quality Sheesham wood, these salt and pepper shakers have been Hand-Carved with an intricate grooved detailing which symbolizes the ripples that are formed in flowing water. Tiny but majorly significant, salt forms an essential part of our daily diet. These perfectly handy shakers are excellent for daily use - and add an antique-looking shakers add a vintage aesthetic to your home. Ideal to place around the house in the kitchen and on dining tables, this exquisite pair is also a covetable gift for the festive season.
- Handcrafted by Indian artisans.
- Features one light brown and one dark brown shakers with intricate hand-carved grooves all over them.
- Perfect to place on dining tables and around the kitchen
- The light coloured shaker is idea for storing salt and while the dark one is perfect for pepper.
- Ideal as gifts during the festive season.
- Features hand-carved grooves.
- The products are cylindrical in shape.
- Place on the dining table or around the kitchen.
- Come with a grooved fitting for the top.
- This product is not dishwasher safe.
- Handcrafted from Sheesham and Mango wood.
- Handcrafted in wood with hand-carved grooves.
- The colour of the salt and pepper shakers is a natural dark brown.
- Comes in the following dimensions: 2.0'' (L), 2.0'' (W), 3.9'' (H) Inches in size.
- The volume of the shakers is 50 ml.
- The pair of salt and pepper shakers belongs to the 'Wooden Klassics - Ripples of Wood' collection.
Handcrafted in wood with hand-carved grooves.
Mango and Sheesham Wood
(L * W * H) = (2.0 * 2.0 * 3.9) Inches
Natural Dark and Light Brown
1 Salt Shaker and 1 Pepper Shaker
- Comes in a set of 2.
- As this product is handcrafted there might be a slight color or design variation, which is natural and hence makes the product unique.
- Inteded for keeping dry items only.
- Use mild detergent.
- Do not soak in water for too long.
- Wipe with cotton cloth and let it air dry.
- This product is not dishwasher/microwave safe.