Hand-painted Depicting a Unique Inverted Chevron Pattern with Handglazing done at a firing of 1200 degree celsius
DINNER PLATES: (L * W * H) = (10.1 * 10.1 * 1.3), KATORIS: (L * W * H) = (4.0 * 4.0 * 2.0) Inch
Indigo Blue & White
4 Dinner Plates, 4 Katoris
- The hand-painting on the ceramic will not wear away.
- This is not a Bone China product.
- There could be a slight variation in the glazing/color/finish on the product, as the glazing is done inside the furnace fired at 1200 degree celsius to make the product sturdy and due to the natural property of the glaze it is impossible to predict the color of the glazing/finish which will eventually come on the product after the firing process.
'Indigo Chevrons' is a collection inspired by a very striking and seamless zig-zag geometric pattern known as Chevron. This ancient pattern is characterized by an inverted "V" design, with each side meeting at a point without any interruption. The genesis of this continuous intricate pattern dates back to 1800 BC in Greece where it was prominent in many art forms. Over the centuries, this pattern surged to popularity in several cultures, including that of India. Some exemplary examples where Chevron pattern can be seen in India include the famous Udaipur Palace in Rajasthan, the regal attires of Indian tribals, and the arrows used by Archers of Gond and Baiga tribe. Keeping this in mind, adroit artisans from our country have captured an essence of this ancient art and vividly portrayed that in our collection with a hint of Indian touch.
The 'Indigo Chevrons' is a collection of tableware and kitchen accessories that include mugs, cups, katoris, dinner sets, bowls, salt and pepper shakers, plates, platters, planters, multi-utility boxes, and more. Highly skilled artisans of India have hand-painted this intricate chevron pattern to capture its traditional essence while also highlighting its wide presence in India. Handmade in ceramic with much care and precision, this range comes in contrasting indigo blue motifs on a white base and is ideal to be placed in your living room, kitchen, or bathroom. These placid designs with their artistic and utilitarian value indeed create an everlasting impression.
Click Here to visit other products of this collection.
The 'Indigo Chevron' from the collection 'The Indigo Chevrons', is a set of 4 dinner plates with 4 katoris each of 160 ML, handmade & handglazed in Ceramic by Indian artisans, ideal to be used for serving daily meals to 4 people, the dinner plates are ideal for serving large or main meals and the katoris for serving curries, dal, vegetables, curd, dessert, etc. The set is hand-painted with beautiful indigo blue colour on a base of white while depicting beautiful inverted Chevron pattern and comes in a glossy finish. It is lead free as well as microwave and dishwasher safe.
- Handmade in India by artisans.
- Inspired by a seamsless zig-zag geometric pattern known as the Chevron pattern.
- The chevron is an inverted-V pattern, with each side meeting at one point without interruption.
- The dinner plates & katoris are hand-painted with the contrasting shade of indigo blue on a white base.
- These plates with katoris are ideal for serving daily meals to your family & guests.
- Ideal for serving meals to 4 people.
- The dinner plates are ideal for serving large or main meals.
- The katoris are ideal for serving curries, dal, vegetables, curd, dessert, etc.
- Comes with 4 Dinner Plates and 4 Katoris.
- The product is microwave and dishwasher safe.
- The product is 100% lead free.
- Handmade in Ceramic.
- Hand-painted Depicting a Unique Inverted Chevron Pattern with Handglazing done at a firing of 1200 degree celsius.
- Comes in Indigo Blue & White colour.
- Comes in the following dimensions: DINNER PLATES: 10.1" (L), 10.1" (W), 1.3" (H), KATORIS: 4.0" (L), 4.0" (W), 2.0" (H) Inches in size.
- The volume of each katori is 160 ML.
- The total weight of the set is 4260 grams.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS1. Use Mild Detergent.
2. Avoid using Abrasive material for cleaning.
MANUFACTURING PROCESSAt first, the mold is prepared as per shape. The material used for casting is raw clay which is put into the mold. After that, the casted piece is hand-painted by the Indian artisans with a special Chevron pattern. At last, the final piece is then fired at temperatures of 1200 degree celsius.
Look better than image
It looks different and quite uncommon.
It looks cute!!
It's very attractive and eye catching!
Really love this and it's really cute . My birds love this!
Sooper & elegant
Happy with the product
The soup bowls are nice.I would recommend others to buy these.
Received in good condition and the jars were useful
Disappointed with color, what is shown to what was delivered
The auspicious Gayatri mantra from the Rigveda with the power to invoke the healing energy of SAVITUR- the Sun god.
Perfect for gifting on house warming, anniversaries and pooja room! Thank you.
The product is cute
Terracotta pots with beautiful designs.
The Dancing Ganesh Diya was packed well and arrived in time. It looks exactly as shown in the picture with good finish and the bells were all intact . We only hope that the ring connecting the chain to the diya and the chain itself can carry the weight of the heavier diya long term as it is thin. However we are happy with the purchase.