Handcrafted With Dhokra Art Depicting Tribal Queen Using The Lost Wax Casting Technique With Tribal Hand-painting & Forest Pattern Handcarving
DHOKRA PENDANT: Brass, BEADS: Resin & Ceramic
TOTAL: (H) = (15.3), DHOKRA PENDANT: (L * H) = (2.8 * 2.6) Inch
DHOKRA PENDANT: Golden, BEADS: Multicoloured
- The clasps are lead-free and nickel-free.
- This product has been made by hand and may have slight colour or design variations that are natural outcomes of human involvement in the process.
The Indus Valley Civilization has left the country with great contributions in the area of both ethnic and cultural aspects. One such influence in the field of stonework and artwork is the skill of the Dhokra casting. Reigning from the Harappan culture, this art dates back 5000 years by the stunning metalsmiths work and has survived the test of time. Dusting the soils of West Bengal, Bihar and Orissa, the indigenous production methods of the tribals' and the nomadic craftsmen reflects the inherent expression of their simplicity. As intricate and detailed as the art form is, its place of production is usually quite humble, and it is the inherited talent, dedicated efforts and the sheer simplicity of the artisans that have kept the rustic art alive so far.
Inspired by the rich and unheard culture of the Dhokra tribes from the Indus, "The Relics of Mohenjo-Daro"� is one such marvel range of exclusive handcrafted accessories brought to you Indies, without any filters! The jewellery depicts grace and the rich history of the civilization and the prowess of the professional artisans in their work. The rustic vintage embellishments of necklace and earrings of great beauty depicting humans in a circle of tight embrace and brass are transformed into the poetry called Dhokra. These phenomenal accessories are exemplary choices to be used during office parties, outings, festive occasions or even daily for giving a bohemian touch to any look with the combination of vivid and vibrant colours that they exhibit and are created using a technique called the "lost wax technique"� which in artistic terms is called the "Cire Perdue"�. The traditional yet chic design is like wine, which is worth, both the work and the wait.
Click Here to visit other products of this collection.
The 'Tribal Queen Carved' from the collection 'The Relics of Mohenjo-Daro' is an exclusive neckpiece handcrafted in brass using the wax casting technique along with multi-coloured ceramic & resin beads. This tribal accessory with a rectangular shaped golden coloured pendant with ghungroos attached to it is hand-painted in ceramic with tribal paintings and Handcarved in wood with tribal patterns by our artisans which also depicts fine Dhokra Art and the vibrant colours of which makes it possible for it to be worn with any attire. The 'Tribal Queen Carved' is an ideal jewellery item for adding a bohemian touch to any look and to be used during office parties, outings, festive occasions or even on a daily basis for exuberantly defining the art of simplicity and for living in the charms of the glamorously rich and unheard vintage culture.
- This matinee neckpiece is ideal to add a bohemian touch to any look.
- The combination of the vivid colours in this necklace makes it possible for it to be worn during festivities or on special occasions.
- The length of this neckpiece is till the chest and the neckpiece with this length is also called as a Matinee neckpiece.
- Comes with 1 Dhokra pendant and 2 Ceramic beads.
- The Dhokra pendant is inspired by the tribes of Mohenjo-Daro city from the Indus valley civilization.
- Goes well with Indian, western and fusion attires.
- The pendant depicts the tribal queen along with tribal hand-painting & forest pattern hand-carving.
- The pendant comes in a rectangular shape with ghungroos attached to it.
- Comes with clasps made up of lead-free and nickel-free iron alloy.
- Comes with multiple strands.
- The pendant comes in lacquered finish.
- The Dhokra pendant is handcrafted in Brass & the strands are made of Resin & Ceramic beads.
- Hand-painted, Handcarved & Handcrafted With Dhokra Art.
- Comes with a Golden coloured pendant & multicoloured beads.
- Comes in the following dimensions:
TOTAL: 15.3" (H),
DHOKRA PENDANT: 2.8" (L), 2.6" (H) Inches in size.
- This product is from our collection, "The Relics of Mohenjo-Daro".
- The weight of Necklace is 134 grams.
- Comes with 1 Necklace.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS1) Wipe jewellery with a dry cloth.
2) Keep away from perfumes, water or any other liquid substance.
MANUFACTURING PROCESSThe artisan forms a clay core which is roughly the shape of the final cast image. This process defines what the final product will be. Next step is covering the clay core with a layer of wax which is composed of ingredients such as pure beeswax. When the wax solidifies, the artisan starts with shaping and carving the mould in all of its finer details of designs and decorations. Again, a layer of clay is applied to it which takes the negative form of the wax. Drain ducts are left for the wax, which melts away when the clay is cooked which shows the impeccable design and process of Dhokra art. The wax is then replaced with Brass which hardens between the core and the inner surface of the mould. The metal takes the same shape as the wax. Here, the manufacturing process does not stop here, the artisans give their final touches and polish as desired.
Hi ,I am waiting still for the product .I have not recieved it yet Kindly check and confirm.
This is my first order to Exclusive lane. The packing was good and all items I received were in good condition. But the issue is the delay in delivery and partial delivery. I am not very happy in the delay as well as partial shipment
This is my first order to Exclusive lane. The packing was good and all items I received were in good condition. But the issue is the delay in delivery and partial delivery. I still receive this item. But you are asking for the feedback How can you ask feedback for the items which are not received yet. Please let me know when can I get this item?
I am not very happy in the delay as well as partial shipment
I have got my mugs but not the above table mats .. do help me .
I love the design and feel :)
Good hand work and very elegant after install on wall
The colour and design are beautiful but the plates are very flat and not convenient to serve curries / gravies in . The food can actually spill out easily.
I m awestruck
Very nice products. Very well packed. There was no delay in the delivery. Am satisfied.
The plates look beautiful. Loved them.
This is wonderful product beautifully designed with elegant looks
A must buy for your dinning table
Very beautiful pieces..
This is a beautiful piece adorning my wall now and I absolutely love the finish and the design.