COLOUR: Ink Blue & White
ART TYPE: Floral Mughal Hand Painting
Mughal Gardens: A Floral Affair
Imagine the royal Mughal setup, the big tombs, the great celebrations and the enigmatic crowd. Imagine the rivers, the royal emperors and the flowers.
The "Mughal Gardens" is a collection of homeware products, detailed with intricate blue ink that is hand painted on the smooth ceramic surface. Although rectilinear in nature, the tranquil and placid architecture of the Mughal Gardens makes for the inspiration behind the Artist's work, and the artist himself has traveled to the historically rich cities of the Mughals. From New Delhi in India to Lahore in Pakistan, Shahnawaz likes to call himself a complete cosmopolitan and an art visionary.
Our Artisan, Shahnawaz is not an unknown at this particular garden, and many people recognize him from his cliched white Kurta-Pajama and canvas board, filled with blue ink. As we take a walk with him, he puts the entire picture in perspective. He explains, "my father was a peasant who fell in love with my mother in the same gardens. Since childhood, I have had multiple visits to this place and the essence of the colorful flowers are now ingrained in my memory; I see the flowers through my senses and reach out to my beloved mother".
While looking into the sky Shahnawaz recites one of his prose, "It is not what I see that I paint, but what I feel is that I express". He smiles incessantly and adds, "Everyone present at the gardens is full of joy and distant from his day to day mundane activities. Such is the gripping mystical presence of this vast green lands, and I hope to add this mystical energy to my Artistic designs."
Handcrafted by skilled craftspeople from the interiors of India, ‘Indigo Pictured’ is a unique set of two jars, hand-painted with delicate floral motifs. The stout, simple jars have been double fired at 1200 degree Celcius and hand-painted with intricate Ink Blue ink that depics the Royal Mughal Hand-painting.
- Ideal for storing dry condiments like dry fruits, snacks and other knick knacks.
- Comes in a set of 2.
- Handmade in Ceramic.
- Depicts Floral Mughal Handpainting.
- The product is lead free.
- The Jars are air tight as it comes with a rubber lid.
- Comes in Ink Blue and White Colour.
- Comes in the following dimensions: 2.7" (L), 2.7" (W), 5.6" (H) Inch in size.
- Volume of the Jar is 300 ML.
- There might be a slight variaition/irregularities in hand painting done on ceramic as this is a natural outcome of human involvement process.
1) Comes in a set of 2.
2) The Jars are air tight as it comes with a rubber lid.
3) The product is lead free.
4) The product is completely hand painted with floral Mughal art and handcrafted in Ceramic.
5) There might be a slight irregularities in the floral Mughal hand painting or variation in the colour/glazing done on the ceramic as this is a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process.
6) Place the lid of the Jar tightly to prevent air/moisture to get into it.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh