Handmade In Terracotta With Madhubani Hand-Painting
LARGE: (H * DIA) = (6.4 * 3.8),
MEDIUM: (H * DIA) = (4.4 * 3.5),
SMALL: (H * DIA) = (2.4 * 3.3) Inch
Jet Black, Golden & White
- Comes in a set of 3.
- The product has been made by hand and may have slight colour or design variations that are natural outcomes of the human involvement in the process.
- These vases cannot be used with water to plant flowers because of the hand-painting done on the vases.
The art of Madhubani has its roots dating back to the time of Ramayana. Janak's daughter Sita, also known as Janaki of Mithila, was engaged to Ram. To make the wedding a memorable experience, Sita's parents ordered the people to paint Mithila into a colourful town and to embellish the walls and courtyards of their houses, portraying a glimpse of their culture. From times immemorial, the pictures were made on the patio and walls of the homes and gradually came down on more popular means like clothes, canvas, and paper. The artisans depict scenes from everyday life, with a wide variety of colours, details and auspicious Indian excerpts. The adaptation of tribal motifs and imagery from large wall canvases into miniature works of art requires an immense amount of hand skill.
Our artist, Kishore, was inspired by the distinct colours associated with deities in different cultures and religions of the world. "Black and gold are the colours indigenous with not only Indian deities but also the ancient Anubis of the Egyptian empire" informs Kishore. Although the colour gold is parallel to prosperity, the colour black was chosen for its symbolism. The idea was to encapsulate the entire realm of life with a single colour, followed by subsequent Madhubani paintings. Thus came about the inception of "˜The Jet Black & Gold"™, a collection of beautiful home accents, that has been delicately made in terracotta and hand-painted by tribal craftspeople from Kishore's team. The godly colour palette- jet black and bright gold- personifies these artistic shapes and make them exquisite works of art that carry a fragment of ancient Indian indigenous life into functional products for you and your loved ones. The collection consists of decorative pots, vases, table lamps, aroma diffusers, tea light holders, kulhads and bowls.
These paintings have a delicacy of brush strokes that celebrate the imperfections of the human hand, such that the admirer can almost feel the wet soil and the plants, experience the rhythms of raw folk music and dance gatherings and other scenes of tribal life. This collection of hand-painted home accents is a melodic story from the Indian tribal cultures, handmade with love, to bring the raw warm ethnicity of tribal life to your favourite spaces.
Click Here to visit other products of this collection.
- These terracotta matkis and urn are ideal to be used as decorative showpieces or flower vases.
- Ideal to be used with dry artificial flowers only.
- Comes in unique matki shapes vases in set of 3.
- Depicts inctricate Madhubani hand-painting.
- Cannot be used to put flowers with water due to the hand-painting done on the vase.
- Handmade In Terracotta With Madhubani Hand-Painting.
- Each vase comes in Jet Black, Golden & White colours.
- Comes in the following dimensions:
LARGE: 6.4" (H), 3.8" (DIA),
MEDIUM: 4.4" (H), 3.5" (DIA),
SMALL: 2.4" (H), 3.3" (DIA) Inches in size.
1) Keep away from water.
2) Remove the dust with a mildly wet cloth.