MATERIAL: Teak Wood & Glass
ART TYPE: Wooden Handpainted Bird
Handcrafted in teak wood from the interiors of India, Bird of Aromas is a beautiful rectangular spice box that captures the richness of Indian spice blends with nine in-built compartments in the main box. Complete with an attached glass lid for easy viewing and a hook-mechanism in the front for interlocking, this compact ‘masala-dabba’ (spice-box) has been finished to detail by hand, maintaining the natural feel and brown colour of the teak, embellished with a brightly hand-painted bird on the lid and is the perfect addition to your kitchen. Making spice storage organised and aesthetic, this flavour box is handmade with love; capturing and preserving the nostalgic essence of our ancient relationship with spices and love for mouth watering fragrant food. This simple, ethnic hand-made for home-made spice box also doubles up as the perfect gift for mothers and grandmothers and all of your cooking-loving loved ones.
- Can be used to store spices or other day-to-day knick knacks.
- Handcrafted beautifully in square shape with 9 Compartments.
- Made in Teak Wood & the top is covered with glass for a see through effect.
- Comes in brown color with a multicoloured hand-painted bird.
- It has an interlocking mechanism which prevents damp & condensation and also eliminates moisture.
- Comes in the following dimensions: 8” (L), 8” (W), 2.3” (H) Inch in size.
- This piece is a great utility addition to any kitchen or dining space.
Heated oil sizzling in a deep pan; a few red chillies, a dash of cardamom, some cloves, a hint of cinnamon, a couple of bay leaves- our grandmothers’ secret to the fusion of mouth watering aromas trapped together, marking the beginning of one of the richest cuisines in the world. Inspired from our deep rooted ‘masala’ heritage dating back to 7000 years in time, Indian artisans have handcrafted this beautiful collection of wooden spice boxes to not only make your cooking time more organised and simple, but also adding an artefact that has been in use since time immemorial, to your kitchen.
The timeless transition from stone spice boxes to iron, to steel has been carried forward beautifully in sheesham wood, hand making these ethnic products for the modern day kitchen experience. The skillful addition of glass tops as well as separate containers and sections in each of these boxes, makes cooking rituals compact; while the interesting shapes and detailed finishes and hand-paintings add to your kitchen charm and make storage easier. This collection of blends is an intrinsic Indian fable, handmade with love, that captures and preserves the ancient flavours of Indian spices.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh