COLOUR: Mustard Yellow & Off White
ART TYPE: Handglazed Studio Pottery double fired at 1200 degree celsius.
Alam Ansari, a studio potter and a hard-working family man from Sunderbans, looks up at the sky and at the dwindling Sun, with its vociferous gaze receding slowly and gradually into the black opaqueness of the open moon.
A dewdrop of water, from the far sky and the long trees, touches the cold skin on Alam's face! “It rained that night”, mentions Alam. He says, “I continued to stare into the sky, and realised that the Sun and Moon are a part of the same clan, playing with yellow and dark colours of the night, yet so different from one another!” He further adds, “the Sun and Moon are like his own daughters, Saina and Meera, intermingling and fighting with each other, but also loving and caring at the same time”. He feels blessed by the great Bonbibi (Goddess of the forest)! A second drop of water hits Alam’s face, and he starts to wrap his “Potli” of work, with a wide smile on his face! Finally, he knows that he will sleep in peace, for tonight he is inspired by the Sun and the Moon and by the meeting of two godly entities!
After three months of diligent working and sleepless night, our design team were able to capture the essence of this simple village story, the story of inspiration into ‘Simply Pastel Part II: Sun & Moon’. This is a range of ceramic tableware with dual tones of mustard yellow and off-white, the pastels that inspired the team and Alam.
- Ideal for having tea or coffee with your loved ones.
- Depicts Handmade Studio Pottery.
- Beautifully handglazed in dual color on the inside & outside.
- Double fired at 1200 degree celsius.
- 100% lead free glazing.
- Microwave & Dishwasher friendly.
- Comes with 6 cups & 6 saucers.
- Handmade in Ceramic.
- Glazed in dual shades of mustard yellow & off white.
- Comes in the following dimensions:
CUPS: 4.1” (L), 3.4” (W), 2.5” (H),
SAUCERS: 4.2” (L), 4.2” (W), 0.9” (H) Inches in size.
- Volume of the cups is 140 ML.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh